Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

What a day! Lily had a Walk-a-thon at school today. The kids got to wear their Halloween costumes and run walk or dance as many laps as they could to raise money for the school. Afterwards they had a class party with treats and games. They got to decorate sugar cookies with frosting and all kinds of toppings.

Martin took today off work so he picked Lily up from school and was in charge of getting her face paint ready. He did an amazing job! So cute! Then they got started Trick-or-Treating and I met up with them after I got off work. We didn't get home until almost 9 o'clock- after many stops and way more candy than we really need in our house. I can't believe she was even still standing after all that.

Last night we were finally able to carve the pumpkins. Of course the girls both wanted the same design- a scary looking werewolf thing- so I guess the copier/printer Martin got the other day for $15 actually has come in handy. I would have loved to have spent more time on mine but I had to bake several dozen cookies for the class party and after my long weekend away scrapbooking I just didn't have it in me to be much more creative. Still fun though.
It wasn't our year to have Kendra on Halloween- and it being a school night totally understandable. Lily said it was the best day ever and I agreed- but then she said it was only almost the best day because we were missing somebody... I can't wait to see the pictures of Kendra's pretty princess costume she picked out though and I hope she had lots of fun with her mom. We'll see her again this weekend for the 3rd Story Drama class which both girls are absolutely loving so far.

Sometime this week I hope to load some pictures of the scrapbook pages I worked so hard on over the weekend. I had fun getting away and it was nice being on the beach- but it was a pretty intense two days of crafting. I was very glad to get home and with Halloween over I hope to get a little rest. That's probably wishful thinking though.

1 comment: