Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CAT Scans and Conferences

Leaving Lily's school this afternoon...

Lily (holding up a black folded up piece of paper): Look Mommy, it's a CAT scanner!

She shows me how it "scans" over her belly.

Mommy: Wow! That's pretty cool. What's a CAT Scanner?

Lily: I don't know. It scans cats I think. Yeah, I made it to scan over Floyd and Fiona's fur to see if they need a hair cut.



Awesome.



Tomorrow is Lily's Parent-Teacher Conference. I'm excited to hear what the teacher has to say. She seems like a great teacher and if she has any suggestions to help Lily adjust to Kindergarten I am all for it. I'm kinda nervous too because it seems like in some ways the conferences are "Parenting Report Cards"- as in how well she is doing is a reflection of my abilities as a mom. So of course I want to get a "good" report. I want to hear that I am doing a good job- who doesn't? But I'm still a little nervous.

A piece of advice from another teacher I know? Come prepared to listen. Which is exactly what I will do.

I'll let you know how it goes.