Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ooh- Cool idea.

I was just reading a blog I follow about Kids and Literacy (two things close to my heart- so it's nearly perfect!) and I was thinking that a fun project Lily and I could do would be to put several books with a similar theme on hold at the library and do some project with them. Like a non-fiction about space then a story about astronauts and maybe one about stars- so they tie in together- we could do one about Colossal Squid even- Lily is completely fascinated by squid. Then practice writing or recognizing some words. I don't know- it might be fun. I know she gets some of that at school but it could be any topic she was interested in and we could do as much or as little as she wanted- rather than having to go with the whole class. Just thinking I guess.

******
Found at my house:

Stick (literally- from a tree) wrapped in yarn in my Pots and Pans Cupboard

Plastic baggie of Hair ties and clips in the refrigerator

Mini tube of toothpaste stuck in the side of the car seat covering

Trains, socks, leaves, toys, remote controls, hair ties, beads, markers, crayons, pennies stuffed in the couch cushions.

Haha.
*******
Lily (on our way down the stairs this morning): I'm not wearing any underwear.

Mommy: What?? Why??

Lily: I didn't put any on.

Mommy: Well you need underwear. We'll put some on when we get to school.

Lily: Why do I have to wear underwear?

Mommy: Uhh..because (think fast Sarah....)just because ok. You're going to wear underwear. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment