Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Welcome Fall!

The change in the seasons, especially summer to fall, is always difficult for me. I know I'm not the only one but letting go of the long, warm summer days is tough! I hate it when I start noticing the sun setting earlier and feeling the bite in the air in the morning. My mood sunk when I put away my shorts and all of our swimsuits. I'm sad knowing that all the fun stuff we planned for the summer is done and we have six or seven months to wait until we start the planning again.

But then I spotted a pie pumpkin at the produce stand on Saturday. I couldn't resist. I baked it last night and then we ate the seeds. We'll make homemade pumpkin bread tomorrow. Lily came home today talking about decorating for Halloween. It got me thinking about which weekend we'll plan to go to pick out pumpkins for Jack-O-Lanterns and what kind of fun Halloween crafts I'll come up with. Then she told me she wants to be a Kitty Cat for Halloween so I started thinking about how to pull that costume off on a budget.

And then I noticed the tree out our kitchen window starting to turn it's leaves.

And, well,  I guess Fall really isn't that bad. Thanksgiving and Christmas are really just around the corner.

Oh my! They really are just around the corner! I've got to get planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment