Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Pay It Forward Friday

I’ve decided to Participate in Pay it Forward Friday. Here is a list of my favorite blogs- you’ll see them in my sidebar as well- but here I am going to highlight a few and encourage you to take a chance on these guys! You won’t regret it, I promise.

1)      Clever Girl Goes Blog- This is one of the first blogs I ever started reading. I loved her “hubs” stories and her sassy humor.  When she announced her pregnancy late last year her posts dropped off quite a bit and then completely stopped in March. It was a sad day last month when I finally took her off my blogroll thinking Clever Girl was no more. Last night I randomly decided to check in on her and viola! She has started posting again and it was like she never left. Awesome. Can’t wait to hear her latest misadventures and with a newborn I am sure there will be plenty.

2)      Hyperbole and a Half- another blog that makes me literally cry laughing. Her illustrations are graphic, childlike and completely off the wall. There just is no comparison plus she gets herself into some very funny stuff. She hasn’t posted in a while because she’s working on her book (can't wait!). But go read her archives. No really, all of them. You will lose five pounds laughing and laughing and laughing some more. Go. Now.

3)      Toddler Planet- I’ve posted links to Susan’s blog several times. I started reading her blog after that Facebook thing (what do you call it??) where everyone posted a color and it was supposed to be the color of their bra for breast cancer awareness. Well she posted an amazing and heartfelt response to that trend (?). Ever since then, I have been cheering and crying and praying with her and her fight against cancer. She’s just been diagnosed with a recurrence…no princess fights alone.

4)      My Husband Ate All my Ice Cream- I recently started reading her blog after an exchange on Single Dad Laughing’s comment section.  I swear she must be the most driven person ever with all that she has going on. Plus, I can really relate to her “baby Daddy” stories. Sad, I know, but unfortunately a common bond. I have to pimp her out too for getting the word out on so many blogs with “Blogger Idol 2011” – which is where I got the idea for this post as well. SO MUCH GOOD READING! Thank you Heather.

5)   Her Bad Mother- I said this weekend at my girls group that I didn't live vicariously through anyone...but this may be my one little slip up. Don't judge. You know you want to be her. She writes amazingly, has perfectly edited photos and insights that makes me think every time. Jealous? Not really...she is just so great and I want to grow up to be like her : ) And I want that Epiphane bag even though I have never thought twice about a hand bag in my life.

Well there you have it...a few of my favorite blogs...gosh there are so many more that make me laugh and cry and everything in between though. Give them some love too and click on their links in my sidebar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment