Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Home Made Water Colors

DIY Water Colors from Oh My Handmade


Last Saturday we did this little project- intending on doing another watercolor painting project on Sunday- but it turns out that they took a little longer than 24 hours to dry and then we ran out of time! Story of my life.
The best part about the home made watercolors was that it included ingredients I always have around the house anyway. I didn't have to go out and buy anything! Gotta love that, right? Here's the recipe (or click on the link a the top, she has much more artistic pictures than I do!).


Ingredients
3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
3 Tablespoons White Vinegar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Light Corn Syrup


 Instructions         
First, mix the baking soda, corn starch and light corn syrup together in a mixing bowl. Then mix in the white vinegar into your mixing bowl. You can divide this mixture into different containers and then add your food coloring for each color we placed 10-13 drops OR drop in your food coloring into the mixing bowl to make a large batch of one color.


We put them in old Tupperware lids as well- but they did take a couple of days to dry and the baking soda seemed to separate out quite a bit. I'm not sure if it was supposed to or if we did something wrong. Either way it was fun, we did it together and now we have some new paints to try tomorrow. I'm sure I will be posting pictures of their masterpieces then.

No comments:

Post a Comment