Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One year ago...

If someone had said to me last September 19th that my life was about to take a seriously unexpected twist, I would have said, "Yeah, right." Then maybe, "Wait, how?" But I never in a million years would have guessed.

I didn't guess that this cute dad that showed up to Lily's birthday with his daughter was single (at first)...

I didn't guess that he'd be interested in me...

I didn't guess that we would start having play dates with the girls-Trick or Treating, the Children's Museum... Zoo Lights...

I never would have guessed that we'd start hanging out more and more...and that I would have the nerve to ask if he wanted to get coffee sometime- without the kids.

I never dreamed that he would say yes and we'd have an awesome first date on December 5th- spent wandering and playing in downtown- all lit up with Christmas lights and spirit.

I never guessed where it would go...never dreamed that I would meet someone like him. For a long time wasn't sure I deserved someone like him. And now looking back a year later I don't want to imagine where I would be without him.

Martin- I am so thankful you are in my life- more than you know.

-Sarah