Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tough week

It has been a bit of a rough few days for Lily and me.

At Dad and Di's on Saturday I said, "Lily, you are really starting to irritate me." Because she was being whiney and annoying. Then she said back, "You are irritating me, too." I guess I deserved that. Then I said, "I think we need a little break from each other." She agreed.

I guess it is nice that we can have this kind of conversation but for real- is this kind of stuff happening already? She's three and a half going on fourteen. What happened to my baby?

Then this morning she was being whiney again and I asked her why she was acting like a baby (throwing herself on the floor kicking and screaming). She responded "Those words are disgusting Mommy!" "Uh, what words are disgusting?" "Words like Baby" "Then stop acting like one." Nothing but whimpering from her. Seriously...Seriously?

I guess I just don't have a lot of tolerance for whining. Like, get mad. Tell me why you are mad- tell me all about it, reason with me, bargain with me whatever. But falling on the floor whining...just can't take it. I have no patience or sympathy for it. Are my expectations too high? Am I setting myself up to be frustrated by expecting her to tell me what is going on rather that just throwing a fit? I don't know. I really don't know. It seemed like she was doing so well- then her dad canceled last weekend with her and now we are back to this. Again. Blegh.

Well enough self reflection for one day. I'll have some pictures tomorrow I think. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment