Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So big!

Look everyone! My strawberry plants came back this year and I didn't have to do anything! They are just growing with no help from me. Of course I started watering them again once I noticed the little green parts! I thought I was going to have to buy new plants but apparently they are resilient enough to survive even when I don't water them. Wow! Now that's the kind of plant I like. Lily will be super excited to have more strawberries this year. I think I should get some fertilizer or something though...is that what I'm supposed to do? I have no idea. I wanted to show this little set up we have in our living room because 1) I love this picture of Lily holding a dandelion and 2) we made these cute little flowers out of magazine strips a buttons. Lily picked the pages out of the magazine and did some of the cutting. Then I put them together with the button. So cute. I saw it in a magazine. I think I could use this technique (a little more refined) on a card. Plus aren't her little "tea" animals so cute. We have so many of those guys!

Here's Lily and Papa at his house on Mother's day. They were watching a movie together but Lily was bouncing around all over the place on the back of the couch. At one point I caught her licking the little wood strip she's leaning on in the picture. What??? She has never been one to "eat" too many strange things- but she'll lick anything, I swear-especially windows, mirrors, counters, tables- smooth surfaces I guess. I haven't caught her licking the floor yet. I'm sure that day will come. This morning Lily woke up in a much better mood. We had time for breakfast and she let me braid her hair. I did french braid pigtails and they actually turned out pretty cute. I try to keep her hair out of her face but most mornings she barely lets me brush- so I was happy with the super cute look she had going on! (Gotta love the boots too!) Also she found the jack-o-lantern plastic bucket Di gave me to save for next Halloween and she put her stuffed puppy into it to take to school for show and tell day.




1 comment:

  1. It never hurts to add some compost to your fruits and veggies. Especially in a container where the plants can't benefit from earthworms and just the natural breakdown of organic material. But compost might only be sold in big bags. Maybe ask someone who buys it for their big garden to borrow a few cups? Congratulations on growing some food, any food!

    ReplyDelete