Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rudolph

My daughter must have inherited the "Christmas" gene. Last night Lily didn't want to go to bed (what else is new?). She tried just about everything possible to get out of it, though she must not have been putting all her energy into it because she wasn't screaming. Anyway- first she needed two stories then we turned off the lights. Immediately she wants a "Piggy Story"- which is a story I always start with three little piggies and she tells me what kind of adventure they go on. Sometimes they eat spider soup, sometimes they fall in holes in the forest- you never know. The only way to wrap up a Piggy story is to somehow sneak the piggies into bed and say "The End". Ha. Well, then its a drink of water (or two or three) and a bunch of wiggle worming. I am so tired and all I want to do is go to sleep- but at least she's not screaming right?- then she starts singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. And that litte squirt knows all of the words- all of the right words too. And I totally break- I am dying trying to hold in the giggles- she notices and starts to giggle too. Then a tickle fight. Finally we both fall asleep- I'm not sure who first.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely one of those things that makes being a single mommy ALL worth it!!!!! Great story :)

    ReplyDelete