Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Seattle Children's Hospital Radiothon- TODAY!

It is difficult to describe Seattle Children's Hospital as a great place to be. No parent or child ever wants to become too familiar with it walls, but when you are there because you have to be- no where else could be better.

I knew walking in those doors that it would only be a matter of weeks before Lily would be walking out of there on her own. Broken bones, compared to so many of the other diseases and conditions that are treated at Children's, are relatively simple to care for. Though her treatment was easy, every Doctor and Nurse we encountered at our many visits went out of their way to make Lily comfortable and happy. I can't even remember how many new stuffed animals, crayons, stickers and toys she came home with. I especially remember the nurse preparing her leg cast making bows out of the cast material for Lily to hold onto while she wrapped pink gauze from toes to hip.

You never guess that Children's is in your future- I never thought I would break my own daughter's leg- I never thought I'd be back there this year visiting Deven who was born 10 weeks prematurely.

Today is the last day of KISS FM Seattle's Children's Hospital Radiothon. Your donations benefit so many- every child and family who walks through the doors of the hospital. So if you've been there or known someone who has- please donate! And do it today before the end of Radiothon. The stories they share get me every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment