Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 14

A hero who has let you down.

I try not to idealize people- there are heroes in my life for sure- but each one of them is a person- and not even one of them deserves to be called out for making mistakes, being human and struggling like every other human on the planet. I'd rather tell you about the special qualities of the heroes in my life- each one of them amazing- and at a personal level.

My Dad is my hero because he has an amazingly childlike part to his personality that children can sense- they flock to him. He has fun and laughs and plays. I hope he never loses his goofiness and sense of fun.

My Sister is my hero for being so brave and for opening her heart up. I am so so proud of her.

My Brother is my hero because he followed a dream- it may have been kind of crazy- and didn't work out like he expected but I give him so much credit for giving it a shot.

Martin is my hero for loving all the girls in his life so much! (Me, Lily, and Kendra of course!) For surprising me with how incredibly thoughtful and giving he can be.

Lily is my hero because of her incredible capacity for forgiveness.

Kendra is my hero for her spirit and spunk and for so easily accepting me as a part of her life.

There are so many others...I can't begin to name them all. Every person in my life has hero-like qualities that are worth admiring- that I do admire. They've all made mistakes too and many of them have proved their heroic status in the face of those adverse conditions.

2 comments:

  1. I love you too.... You may not know it but you have done a lot of things in your life that just awe me and make me proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Love you! Aww...we're getting all mushy around here, huh?

    ReplyDelete