Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick.

I have been sick for 11 days now. ELEVEN. I have had a cold- a stuffy, runny nose but mostly a cough. A terrible cough that is driving me insane. I don't think I have ever had a cold or cough last this long and I am running out of patience. I haven't been doing anything it seems like-except run on autopilot- since last Monday.

I'm DONE. Just DONE!

This morning I was hacking up a lung while getting ready for work. Lily and I were in the bathroom- she was doing her "makeup" of course and I was leaning over the sink- mmm yummy. I know you want to hear this.

I spit into the sink the nastiness I had finally coughed up.

Lily: Mommy, what did you spit into the sink?
Mommy: A lugi.
Lily: What's a lugi?
Mommy: Boogers. I have a terrible cold and in my lungs there are a lot of boogers- or "snot." I need to get it all out of there to feel better- so I cough really hard and spit it out.
Lily: ......(absolutely horrified blank stare)

I wish I had a picture of the face Lily gave me after this (admittedly) graphic description. I could see the wheels turning in her head, "OMG if I grow up, is this what I have to look forward to..."

Ah... the joys of revealing the mysteries of life to your children...priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Graphic, but I've seen it and more!
    Don't know how I stumbled upon your blog...
    Hope you're back to normal real soon.
    Cute and adorable kid! :)

    ReplyDelete