Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

OOHHhweeeoohhhooooo(Lily making ghosty sounds)

I thought I had planned a relatively low key kind of Halloween- but it turned out we were pretty busy. We had all kinds of fun and surprisingly few meltdowns. Yeah! Lily was her super cute/goofy self all wrapped up in black and yellow stripes (and don't forget the stinger!)It has been several years since I have done anything remotely significant for Halloween and I was shocked at some of the elaborate costumes- for kids under 5 no less- and at the Lake Forest Park Mall of all places. You all know my favorite word is free so I guess it is no surprise that Lily's costume was a hand me down from a co-worker (not really even worn though). I can't imagine spending more than minimal attention on a costume for her- is it really worth it? I don't know. I mean if you have the time and the money- go for it I guess. I think I must have different priorities...(read "I'm cheap and overall kinda lazy"). Haha. One thing I did remember/reiterate/remind myself of this Happy Halloween...is that I hate crowds of people. Too many people in a single place make Mommy a little crazy- I think even Lily can see it in my eyes when I've just about hit "people overload." I try though-I'm not completely antisocial. We still participate in events- I mean we went the the harvest festival yesterday and trick or treating at the mall today- we just made a break for it as soon as the crowds of people started closing in on me- and Lily conveniently had a meltdown- and we were out the door. Done and done. Thanks kid for saving Mommy from having a panic attack in front of all those people- you're the best! Stay tuned for more Harvest/Halloween adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment