Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Whymommy

I'm in a strange state of grief. Susan passed away on Monday. I never met her or even heard her voice but she has spoken to me through her blog for the last two years. She set out to document her battle with cancer but really left us all with so much more- forever changed by her words.

I honestly can't imagine a more dedicated or courageous person. Her ability to put her struggles into words always touched me deeply.  Her love of her life, children and family shined through in every post she wrote.

Bon from Crib Chronicles said it way more eloquently than I could possibly dream of- she said "i am glad there is no more pain, for her. but it hurts me to think there will be no more words. she put so much of herself – so much beauty and thoughtfulness – into her words." She wasn't, I'm not, ready for Susan's words to stop.

That is how I feel. I don't want her story to be over. But I'm having a hard time knowing how to grieve someone I've never met.


No comments:

Post a Comment