Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playing Catch up

After a couple of days of struggling with the passing of my blog friend Susan- I got a sinus/ear infection. Then Lily and Martin got colds. Now they've both passed their cold onto me and I still haven't gotten the sinus/ear infection cleared up. Needless to say I've been barely keeping up with the day to day. Luckily we're kid-free this week so I should have some time to rest and recover.

Here's some other stuff we've been up to... beside's blowing our noses, popping cold medicine like candy, and hacking up our lungs:

For Valentine's Day we made home made crayons shaped like hearts. What was I thinking? It was like a weeklong project because we had to make enough for both classes (50!) and I only got one mold that held 8 at a time and I kept running out of crayons having to scrounge for more. Then I forgot to take a picture of the final product. Booo! They were attached to a little card and the girl's each signed their names. Kendra said one kid thought it was chocolate and took a bite- probably the one made out of brown crayons. Ha ha- oops! Didn't see that one coming.

 *******************
This weekend we finally redeemed the Groupon to the Children's Museum I bought last February that was going to expire on Monday . They've definitely outgrown most of the exhibits there but they were entertained for several hours and I paid half price so...not too bad I think.



 
**************

Check these out. The first is when we visited the Children's Museum for the first time in November 2009. It was Kendra and Lily's first official play date with Martin and myself. They are just as goofy as ever- obviously... except much bigger now! You can't even see the turtle they are sitting on in the newer picutre! Dang. How did that happen?


Another post coming shortly...Lily has some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment