Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sunshine!


Oh, thank goodness for the sunshine today (also for Lily's smiling face!) I don't know if I could have made it through another day of grey drizzly rain. I am lucky I guess that I don't live in a flood zone or anything but this time of year seriously kills me. It's a little too early to get excited about Christmas and the weather is awful and it is dark by the time I leave work : ( Very sad. Plus Lily and I don't get to walk home from school. I guess we could have today since it wasn't raining finally but its still really dark... We've had some tough times this week. When Monday morning rolled around Lily was not ready to get up. I ended up having to carry her to school in her blanket with no shirt on (she slept only in her pants) screaming all the way down the road at seven in the morning. I know my neighbors just love us!


I did have Tuesday off work though and that gave me a bit of time to work on the Christmas presents I am making (can't say what they are, don't want to spoil the surprise!). I feel good about getting those started. Then Lily and I went over to Poppa's house to play with Maddie for the afternoon. We saw Miss Maddie's new hamster Maple and had a yummy dinner that Poppa made. I am just glad tomorrow is Friday. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. We are going to Poppa's for dinner again on Saturday and who knows what for the rest of our time. I am seriously looking forward to Thanksgiving coming up.... probably my favorite holiday because I love the food!!! Especially pumpkin pie.. oh and mashed potatoes and turkey and gravy and well, I guess I just love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment