Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

We walked onto the Edmonds-Kingston ferry for a mini adventure on Sunday afternoon. It felt good to get out of bed and do something. I was able to focus on doing what we were doing instead of the amount of pain I was in. The warmth of the sun and the wind in my hair felt amazing. The sound of the waves on the beach was beyond relaxing. It was exactly what I needed. I loved watching everyone find their happiness there. Lily playing in the waves and collecting shells, Martin exploring way down the beach, me soaking up the sun. We were all exhausted by the time we got home but it was SO worth shrugging off our normal Sunday chores. That morning I was also lucky enough to get beautiful flowers, breakfast in bed, a lovely new teapot with some special tea and lots of cards and artwork made by the girls. I was truly spoiled this Mother's Day- for which I am so grateful.  






No comments:

Post a Comment