Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Laundr-o-mat...is that how you spell it????

My landlord decided to replace the washer and dryer (the 1 washer and dryer for the entire building). I was excited until I saw he had also raised the price. Before- in machines that take only quarters-it would cost $1 to wash and 75c to dry- pretty reasonable but also half impossible to get the laundry done with so many other people vying for the 1 set of machines. Now it costs $2.00 to wash and $1.75 to dry- MORE THAN DOUBLE!!!! And still in quarters!!! Which means with an entire roll of quarters you can only do 2 loads of laundry. PAINFUL. Seriously. So last weekend I took Lily for her first visit to the laundr-o-mat which will have to do until the end of the month when we move into our new place.

I am not a huge fan of laundr-o-mats- mostly because I have to sit around while I am waiting for my laundry to be done rather than doing one of my million and one other chores at the same time- I love multi-tasking!!! Scratch that- without the skill of multi-tasking I would not be able to survive Hurricane Lily (and her best friend/partner in crime Hurricane Kendra). But it was kinda fun with Lily- she was my big helper- and believe it or not the laundry was done in just over an hour- so overall win win- oh yeah- and it was cheaper than doing it at the apartment- so win win win.

It reminded me of a book she likes called Knuffle Bunny- so we talked about that and then we had fun watching the laundry tumble in the dryers. She was super cute helping me "fold"- well, her version of folding was to toss the clothes from bucket to folding table and seeing where they would land. Haha. And she was adorable (as always) sitting on the floor reading a story while she waited. Anyway- on with the pictures...I wish I had taken more..but these are still cute.

I love her face reflected in the glass on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment