Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

It'll do....for now.

Well. I guess it looks all right...I am sure the background etc will keep evolving over time...hopefully for the better. And yes Joeleen...my sidebar is back on the "right" side again.

So another year...I don't make resolutions so don't expect any out of me. Bleh. I prefer to fail miserably at my goals throughout the entire year- why limit it to just January??? Haha.

For me January is easily the toughest month of the year (did I blog about how much I hate January last year?) Christmas is over : ( and there really isn't much to look forward to except spring but even that seems sooooo far away. Even though Lily was not too happy about me putting the Christmas decorations away- at least my house feels less cluttered. Another goal I seem to be failing at: Living Simply. It is so hard to stop the incessant collecting of stuff, junk, things...everywhere. Paper, toys, just STUFF all the time. Keeping the flow of things in and out balanced is a constant challenge- though we were able to give away a huge amount of stuff from our storage closet to another family at the daycare. Yeah!!! I guess that counts for something.

Over the last few weeks I have thought about tons of things to blog about but when I just looked back at my blog history apparently I was just dreaming about uploading all that stuff. I totally didn't post pics from our Christmas Day- though they are up on Facebook. And it seems like we've been pretty busy but big surprise...my camera battery was dead for awhile and I kept forgetting to charge it. Oops. (Joeleen-not a word! Really.) So here are some random pictures from the last few weeks just doing our thing!


We were practicing letter shapes using pretzels. FUN!

Making Gingerbread houses on New Year's Eve...great idea Martin! The girls' favorite part? Eating the candy off of course!

Don't make me put arrows around the person she drew, k? See the head and huge eyes and teeny legs?




Gosh Mom, why do you gotta embarass me at school with that camera?
**********

Lily: Mom, why do we have dinner at night?
Mommy: Because that is when we get home and are hungry.
Lily: IMPRESSIVE!!
Mommy: ?????
**********

Oh- and a huge congratulations to John and Sarah Pell on their "Gotcha Day" with baby John- the picutures are absolutely adorable!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the drawing. Luke draws people the exact same way. It's kind of scary because he draws me the exact same way he draws monsters...

    Yay for my new nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew so much better with the commens on the right hand side .. Dont ever do that again =) I am digging the background though .... Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't going to say anything, but I am TOTALLY with Joeleen on the right side thing. Much better!

    ReplyDelete