Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hanging in there..barely

I took Lily back to the Doctor yesterday because she was still in a lot of pain- the daycare called for me to come pick her up. They decided to put a long leg cast on her which goes up about mid-thigh. She seems to be okay- not so tender to the touch- but still refuses to move around much. Today she is with Poppa and we'll try daycare again tomorrow and see how it goes. This time we went to the Children's at Overlake in Bellevue and it was a much more chill atmosphere though I think Lily is scarred for life on Doctors in general. Last night she said, " I just can't take it anymore!" Poor thing, and as always a drama queen. I mean, I know it hurts but her choice of words cracks me up.



The other day (since she was pretty much immobilized) I decided to comb her hair- she has a bit of cradle cap that I was trying to scrape off her scalp. She looks up at me and says, "Mommy, you're making my brain fall out." I didn't think I was combing that hard.

We went out to lunch the other day for a treat and I had a glass of water with a straw and ice cubes. Lily stirred to her hearts content then carefully pushed each ice cube down into the water the said she was pretending it was a Merry-go-round. Pretty imaginative if you ask me.

I'm just hoping things get better from here.

2 comments:

  1. Honey they have to get better !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl is SO FUNNY!!! Could ya make sure not to comb that hard anymore mama?! LOL
    My daddy always said "This too shall pass...." Hang in there Sarah...

    ReplyDelete