Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wake up call.

Lily: Mom you want me to be perfect all the time and I can't!

Reality slapped me hard in the face this morning as Lily exclaimed her frustration with me. Whoa. That hurt. I need to process this one. I think its going to take some time and a hard look at myself. I'll keep you posted.


Here's Kendra on her first day last week:


Here's us girls passed out nearly the whole way to Shelton last weekend. Luckily I didn't have my ugly sleep face on at the moment the driver (Martin) and his accomplice (his sister Katie) decided to take the picture. Bless them. To be fair though I have been getting extra car sick lately. Knowing that I was going to sit in the back for the long drive I doubled up on the Dramamine and passed the heck out.


This weekend we are sending the girls to a short "Cheer Camp" where they will learn a routine then perform it at a girl's basketball game next week. One of my biggest fears before becoming a mom was having a daughter who wanted to be a cheer leader- I just didn't know how I'd relate to that. But now, even though I still can't relate, if it makes them happy (they are literally bouncing off the walls with excitement about it) I'm all for it. Anything they feel passionate about, I am on board to support. Now if we could just move to the other side of the city so they'd be cheering for the *right* school.


No comments:

Post a Comment