Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

In-de-pen-dent

On Monday afternoon we got a short repreive from the rain and the sun finally came out. As soon as I saw that sun peeking through the clouds- I told the girls to "get themselves dressed cause we're goin' to the park- and we'll bring a towel in case everything is wet- cause I just wanna get the heck outta the house!"

They played and ran and climbed. They chased and slid down the slides. They brought me daisies and dandelions and I put them in my hair.

They went on the swings next to each other and other than a gentle push to get them started both of them pumped their legs and were swinging all by themselves. I couldn't believe it. I am not even sure how they both learned since the last time they were on the swings. I wish I had remembered my camera- I was so proud of them both- and it was awesome sitting and relaxing- enjoying the sun- while the girls were girls- big girls now. Amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment